My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, Cali, United States

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Coca-Cola 600

Unofficial Results

First off, if there is any one among you who believes the 48 Lowes Chevy will pass post-race tech, stop reading now. This entry will only serve to piss you off.

For the rest of us: I find it hard to believe that any one driver can gain a nearly 2 second lead a lap and a half after a restart. Now, I don't have a copy of the NASCAR Rulke Book. That seems to be some secret document stored right next to the master plates for the new $20 bill in the deepest darkest recesses of Fort Knox. The only people who have access to it are any one from the France family and Jack Rousch. I believe Mike Helton allows Jack to buy time with the book and gives him a pen to make changes as he sees fit.

Come on, Jimmie do you and Chad Knauss honestly expect all us dumbass race fans to believe that you just guys just nailed the setup that well? I know its possible but I'm guessing your co-carowner, Jeff Gordon may have a word or two about you guys not passing your secret to him and the Rainbow Warriors. I know I'ld be pissed if I got beat so badly by a car I paid half the bills for. Call me silly but there's sportsmanship, and then there's looking out for your teammates not to mention your car owners.

Congrats to Mikey and Slugger and the whole crew. You guys placed first as far as I am concerned. I'm sure Mike Helton will agree when he gets done talking with Rick, Jeff, Chad and Jimmie in the big yellow truck. Slugger complained during the race that the #15 Napa Chevy was at an aero disadvantage cause of the hole in the fender. Well, guessing it worked out for ya Slugger. You guys out ran Mr. Murphy. Good on ya and the whole team. I'll be thanking you by ordering the family Dominos tomorrow. Thanks for the Mikey Special.

As for Jr. What a run! Glad to see the #8 team controlling thier over adjustments. My heart about stopped when I heard Jr and Jr talking about a pit stop after the red flag restart. I guess it worked cause Jr gained 4 spots after the restart.

As for our 3rd DEI team....not a bad showing for a guy who doesn't race in traffic that much. Damn good to see the #1 back on the track either way. Sure hope Snap On sees it the same way. Not that I am a big fan of John Andretti. He still has to proove himself as no longer being a Petty driver.

On the bad side. Hated it for Mark Martin. Mark is a hell of a driver and I hate to see him have a bad day even if he does drive for Jack in the Hat.

All in all...a damned good race. Lots of long green flag racing. Always love it when there's more racin than wreckin. Makes the pit stops just a bit more challenging. Really puts the pit crews in the race. Whaever tey get paid...it ain't nearly enough. Speaking of which...the #8 team really kicked ass in the pits. I watched some of the best practiced pit moves I have ever seen. Also my hat's off to the front tire changer for the #15 team. Really felt for that guy when he got the hose caught on the right front fender of the Napa Chevy. What a recovery! He didn't panic, just got it unhung and carried on. Bet he was beating himself up until Mikey crossed the start finish on lap 400. Best pit recovery I have seen in a while.

Well, I'll close the way I started. Jimmie Johnson is a cheating bastard. Bet there are 42 other teams rolling out of Charelotte right about now that would agree with me. Especially a bunch of Rainbow Warriors.

Until next week, remember, it ain't racin unless you have to repaint the fenders.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home