My Photo
Name:
Location: San Diego, Cali, United States

Monday, September 05, 2005

DRUDGE REPORT FLASH 2005�

George Bush and FEMA are to blame for all the dead and looting in New Orleans, Louisiana, and Missisppi?!?! You have GOT to be friggin kidding me!!!

Where are the state and local governements?!?! Hey, Governer Blanco, where te hell ya been??? Is it not your responsibility to protect the residents of your state? How about the mayor of New Orleans? Did he execute the evactuation of New Orleans properly??? I think not!

Louisiana disaster plan, pg 13, para 5 , dated 01/00

'The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles and vehicles provided by volunteer agencies may be used to provide transportation for individuals who lack transportation and require assistance in evacuating'...


"NEW ORLEANS FLASHBACK: OFFICALS WARNED RESIDENTS 'YOU'LL BE ON YOUR OWN'
Mon Sep 05 2005 18:57:15 ET

Before residents had ever heard the words 'Hurricane Katrina,' the New Orleans TIMES-PICAYUNE ran a story warning residents: If you stay behind during a big storm, you'll be on your own!

Editors at TIMES-PICAYUNE on Monday called for every official at the Federal Emergency Management Agency to be fired. In an open letter to President Bush, the paper said: 'Our people deserved rescuing. Many who could have been were not. That's to the government's shame.'

But the TIMES-PICAYUNE published a story on July 24, 2005 stating: City, state and federal emergency officials are preparing to give a historically blunt message: 'In the event of a major hurricane, you're on your own.'

Staff writer Bruce Nolan reported some 7 weeks before Katrina: 'In scripted appearances being recorded now, officials such as Mayor Ray Nagin, local Red Cross Executive Director Kay Wilkins and City Council President Oliver Thomas drive home the word that the city does not have the resources to move out of harm's way an estimated 134,000 people without transportation.'

'In the video, made by the anti-poverty agency Total Community Action, they urge those people to make arrangements now by finding their own ways to leave the city in the event of an evacuation.

'You're responsible for your safety, and you should be responsible for the person next to you,' Wilkins said in an interview. 'If you have some room to get that person out of town, the Red Cross will have a space for that person outside the area. We can help you.'

Developing..."




Seems to me everyone has a little bit of egg on thier face. Let's not lay the blame all on GW. Not saying he is blameless. Just saying thier were SEVERAL layers that failed to take action. I am taking about from the time Katrina hit Florida as a catagory I and went into the Gulf and turned north and into a Catagory V.

Now Hillary Clinton is calling for a "Katrina Commision" Bring it on Hillary. I'ld really like to know what happened myself. But then, I'm sure you've already written the report.

Let's not forget the people down there doing the looting. Is this GW's fault too???? Let's talk a little bit about personal responibility. You do what you have to do to keep your family safe and fed. I don't think looting the electonics department of the local Wal Mart qualifies and as making sure your family survives until FEMA can get in and deliver food and water. I know shooting at helicopters evacuating non-ambulatory patients does not qualify either.

It's amazing to me how we look for someone else to blame when we screw up. Manditory evacuation means just that. Don't bust the Presidents balls cause you chose to ride the storm out in an area 20 feet BELOW sea level. Kinda like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Let me tell you a little thing that happened not too long after the tsunami hit Asia. My wife and I were laying in bed one night when my cell phone rang. It was a good friend of mine from the ship. He asked if I was watching the weather channel. He went on to explain that there was a tsunami warning for the entire west coast. My immediate concern was to get Chris and the kids as far east as humanly possible as fast as possible. I knew I was gonna have to go to the ship so we could get the ship out to sea. I was scared for my family but knew the quicker I got them out of San Diego, the better. I knew in good traffic they could be out of San Diego and at an elevation of about 3000 feet in just a half hour or so.

We waited a few minutes to confirm Jack wasn't messing with me. I didn't want to wait until an evacuation was called for. I wanted Chris and the kids in the Jeep and rolling East! We had the kids awake when they cancelled the alert.

Now this does not hardly come close to the crap those people went through in New Orleans but, it's the fact I took it upon myself to take care of my family. I did not ignore the warnings and wait until after the fact for FEMA to come evacuate the most important people in my life. I guess that's why I'm not a Democrat.

My hopes and prayers are with those who are still alive. Even more, I pray for those who have been given the responsibility to search out the dead and missing and restore order to the entire diaster area. I don't know I could do it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her Hometown Destroyed, a Traveler Turns to a Blog
LIKE most seasoned business travelers, Rachel Gradwohl, 31, prides herself on being in control when she's on the road.
Great post!

Please check this interesting sites too:

Internet Home Business Tips - Make Money From Home!

dating personal

dating personal blog

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home